ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752287 Members
4461 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant DL360E G8, running server 2012 R2 only showing one socket and on processor

Styx1236
Occasional Visitor

Proliant DL360E G8, running server 2012 R2 only showing one socket and on processor

Hi All,

I have Searched Google and al that comes up from my searches is VM ware issue reagrding the issue i am having, where i am having the issue on a fisical device. My Device manager shows 8 CPU's and my Task Manager only shows one socket and one CPU. I am struggling to find out what is causing the problem. Assistance would be much appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Proliant DL360E G8, running server 2012 R2 only showing one socket and on processor

Hi,

May be your server has one Physical Processor with 8 Threads or 8 Cores, so Device Manager shows 8.

Do check your server processor model.
For your reference: https://ark.intel.com/products/series/59138/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-Family

Thank You!
I am an HPE Employee

Was the post useful? Click on the white KUDOS! Thumb below.  Kudos is a way of saying thank you to a post.
Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Styx1236
Occasional Visitor

Re: Proliant DL360E G8, running server 2012 R2 only showing one socket and on processor

^ the server in qeustion has 2 CPU Sockets each with a 4 Core cpu. Task Manager only shows one socket and one CPU. Device manager shows 8 CPU's.

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Have you tested the processors using Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

Thank You!
I am an HPE Employee
Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Styx1236
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

The Software you recommnded also is saying one socket and one cpu. The device manager says i have 8 Processing cores. Task manager says i have one socket and one processor. Do you think SQL can cuase the issue ? or SQL licensing ?