1752770 Members
5487 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant DL380 G8 (642105-421) - Power Not Redundant PDS Warning

Terminus
Occasional Contributor

ProLiant DL380 G8 (642105-421) - Power Not Redundant PDS Warning

I'm having a problem with the System Information in the iLO showing the Power Status as:  Not Redundant.

When you click on Power for more information it says:

Bay 1:  Good, In Use   ...  PDS:  NO

Bay 2:  Good, In Use  ...   PDS: Yes

The only thing I could find on my searches says that both power supplies are probably plugged into the same PDU (which they are, there is only one PDU at the small site). 

The server is in a remote site, and I can't get the server turned over with this error/warning showing...  Is this always a case of the power being plugged into the same PDU?  I'm not even sure if they have an iPDU over there.   Both power supplies are plugged in, and both power supplies are good and "In Use" but the PDS: No  is what is causing the fuss. 

Is there a way to turn off checking or something?

5 REPLIES 5
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Could you post a screenshot? The summary table could be important too.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Terminus
Occasional Contributor

Attached...

Terminus
Occasional Contributor

I finally got some pictures back from the site, and it looks like there are "regular" power cables running to the pdus.  I don't think there's anything intelligent like the HP website talks about.  What else could be making "PDS" show as "No" and making the server say the power is non-redundant?

Anyone have any ideas?

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

you might try reseating the power supplies

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
waaronb
Respected Contributor

"PDS: No" seems like HP's way of telling you that power supply doesn't support their new "Power discovery service".

If it's an official HP power supply and it's not working right, do as suggested and reseat the power supply (just pop it out and back in). If it still isn't reporting that it supports PDS, open a ticket to have it replaced under warranty. It really should be showing that.

Technically I think the power supply is working... that one indicator was the only thing I saw in your screenshots, and I suspect that it would still work if the other one were removed. You could test that if you were able to take that server offline for maintenance (in case I'm wrong and that power supply won't really supply anything if the other is gone).