1753374 Members
5115 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ProLiant DL380 Gen9 absently shout-down

santoshsingh11
Occasional Visitor

ProLiant DL380 Gen9 absently shout-down

I want to share last two similar incidents happen within a week and server reacts similarly.

Incident-1)  On  28th Dec 2019 our server room AC was having some issue for some time when this server got shut down and it was around 3 hrs not started, after approx. 3 hrs it started without doing anything.

Incident-2) Same cause happen today for a period server room temperature increased and server has got automatically shut down abnormally and same way after some time around two and half hrs we were able to start it without doing anything.

Now we need to confirm the root cause why this is happening with this server only? we have multiple servers installed in same RACK and same area which are working fine, So please help to identify the exact reason to overcome the issue as soon as possible as we are running critical business services on this server which are impacting our business.

1 REPLY 1
Kashyap02
HPE Pro

Re: ProLiant DL380 Gen9 absently shout-down

Hi Santosh,

To identify the root cause we need to analyze the hardware and OS logs. Hence please raise a support case with HPE.

Recommendations:
Keep the server updated wtih the latest firmware and drivers or match the firmware and drivers with the other servers.

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo