1753753 Members
5168 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant DL380e Gen8 - 46/47 critical temperature error

gck303
Occasional Contributor

ProLiant DL380e Gen8 - 46/47 critical temperature error

I have a DL380e that every few hours gives a single 46/47 critical temperature error. Often with a very high temperature of over  120C. Given that the rest of the server is cool, fans are spinning slowly and it is in an ac room with an ambient temperature of 20C. 

It has only started doing it after I removed a network card and moved teh p420 to a lower PCIe slot. Could this be related?

P.S > Admin > This post was moved as a new topic from Re: ProLiant DL380e Gen8 - Critical Temperature Threshold Exceeded (Temperature Sensor 46, Location 

2 REPLIES 2
Sham82
HPE Pro

Hi,

The Issue pointing to - Temperature Sensor 46, 47 - Location Storage , which could be the Storage Sub system( HDD's , Controller)

We could Suggest you to update the Controller Firmware , however now that you are using Non-HPE HDD's and their Firmware is not been tested with the particular server.

So non HPE drive is installed which has a non HPE firmware and if there is a conflict that the controller is unable to communicate with the drive firmware then there is a possibility of occurance of such issues.

and the Server ( Ilo ) is unable to read the temp of the non hpe drive.

Suggestions :
1. You can still try and update the below Firmware and check.
> BIOS
> Ilo
> Controller Firmware.

2. Please use HPE recommended HDD's:
Page 34 onwards : https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=c04128166

Thank you
HPE Employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Sham82
HPE Pro

Hi @gck303 ,

I hope my solution has helped you to resolve the query, if not kindly let me know If you have any further issues.

HPE Employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo