5456 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

proliant ml10 gen9 displayport no video with active adapter

Badwolf1
Occasional Visitor

proliant ml10 gen9 displayport no video with active adapter

Hi Guys,

Problem I have a ML10 Gen9 new out of box and it will not display video using an ICAN active adapter DP to HDMI 2.0. I have switched through a number of cables including a straight cable DP to HDMI and another active adapter DP to VGA with hopes of resoultion but still nothing.  Also I have attempted to connect it with other various monitiors and two tv's. I've been messing around with this unit for a few hours now running to get other cables and adapters and poking around online trying to figure this out the only documentation I can find is a problem with the ambient temp sensor causing no post and display issues as well as the need for an active displayport adapter. Any insite would be a great help...?

5 REPLIES 5
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: proliant ml10 gen9 displayport no video with active adapter

Does this apply?

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c05226637

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Badwolf1
Occasional Visitor

Hi Thanks for the response I did see the notice and didnt think it was that brand specific so last night I placed an order for the part. Hopefully it will resolve the issue....

Aleksman
Occasional Visitor

So, you ordered K2K92AA adapter and it solved the problem?

Upd: I've bought HP DisplayPort – VGA (AS615AA) adapter and finally got image on monitor

Badwolf1
Occasional Visitor

Actually yes I'd did order the vga and the hdmi version tested both and are working. to be honest it was a stupid decision not to include a standard monitor connection to the unit. generally speaking of course since most admin users remote into the unit after its initial setup.
BobC47

I bought a X-lent displayport (1.2 active) to vga adapter and that didn't work very well so next I tries a displayport to DVI cable and that didn't work well either. I then bought a Tripplite displayport (v1.2 active) and that works well enough to get the job done but is dimm and fuzzy. I'll be dealing with the server remotely from now on but it's dissapointing to see them do something like this.

HP really dropped the ball on this, they obviously have a implemented a propritetary interface instead of doing what EVERYBODY ELSE does - provide a VGA port.