108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML350 G3 Recover Logical Drive

GeorgeWaters
Occasional Contributor

Proliant ML350 G3 Recover Logical Drive

Hi,

The motherboard of my server collapsed =(

In my damaged server I had configured a logical drive (2x36), so I changed the Smart Array 641 card to another HP server (ML150) and plugged the two disks into the card,it runs ok.

In the new new server and when using the booting array utilities, it shows the logical drive ok. In windows 2003 it also shows the logical drive but it has no letter volume, it says "not assigned". I need to get data from that volume. How can I make it work so I be able to recover critical data inside that logical volume ?

Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Dhanesh Amirthalingam
Regular Advisor

HI GeorgeWaters,

You need to assign the letter for each logical volume in the device manager

Go-to ---->right click in the my computer-->disk management---->right click on the logical volume ---->change drive letter&path

hope so it help you
GeorgeWaters
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dhanesh,

I tried that since the begining but the option is disabled. It only let me create a partition and most likely delete my info.

Any other idea ?
GeorgeWaters
Occasional Contributor

I think HP should work harder to provide online support regarding recovering data from its servers platform in case of disaster.

No matter if you have a 0, 0+1, 5, etc., you should be able to access disk to retrieve data if data is still there.

For example, the motherboard in my server passed away and so the SmartArray Card, if I connect the drivers to another card, I just can't acces the information.

So, what are the advantages of using SCSI ?, providing fault tolerence is not enough.

Regards

Dhanesh Amirthalingam
Regular Advisor