4926 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

ProLiant ML350 G6 Server doesn't boot, No any LED lights

SOLVED
Go to solution
alexPTYMX

Re: ProLiant ML350 G6 Server doesn't boot, No any LED lights

Wow!!! that's simply works flawlessly, but when I unplugged my PSU from the electricity again, the problems comes back. Do you recommend to replace the PSU or the backplane board for a permanent solution?

sukaharijanto

the same thing with me, I've changed psu,

there is still no influence, the server remains totally dead

any suggestion

Geoff19

I have the same issue. Except for the twin power supplies (known to work in another chassis, in this one the fans are turning) server is totally dead. No LEDs lit internally or externally. I have replaced the power distribution board, motherboard (loaded with previous CPU), and on/off switch assembly. So now it appears either:

• One of the replacement compnents is also dead.
  • A bad CPU is preventing the server from powering up (can this be true?).

I tried the mentioned fix of plugging in a hot power supply. That didn't work.

If anyone has another suggestion I'd like to hear it. I have a working ML 350 G6 out on loan. When I get it back I can swap parts back and forth until I find out what's going on. In the meantime I'd love to have some voltage test point information, but I can't find any.

Timgren

I tried this, but no success.  I purchased two more power supplies from Amazon, but these didn't do anything either.  My question to you, is the green LED on the back of the PSU supposed to light when plugged in to AC power?  I have four PSU units on my desk (the two from our server and the two new ones I just bought) and none of them light the green LED when I plug in to outlet.  I have tried several different power cords and different outlets - but no LED.  I can hear a click and the fan spins for a couple seconds when I plug in the PSU, but no LED and nothing on the server.  Are all these PSU's bad or is something else going on?

afif1

I find the solution
HOLLiiWOOD

The PSU does a power on self test before the green led lights, I am not sure that it can do the self-test if it isn't inserted into the machine.

BUT

Have we found a solution, or a direction to go in searching for one?
I have been having power cycling my ML350 G6 pretty much constantly for a week, trying to get it to boot ANY install media.

Now I get no lights anywhere, tried pulling the CMOS battery and leaving it over night, nothing.

- removed the PSU from the chassis and plugged it into the wall [no PSU green light]
- tried the other psu postion in the chassis (I use single PSU) [no lights no PSU green light]
- tried removing PSU from chassis, plugging into wall, and then inserting the plugged in PSU into the chassis [no lights no PSU green]
- tried all of the above after unplugging the p410i and all other hard drives [no lights anywhere]

I have other testing I want to do, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH, for saving me the time of buying new PSU.

My PSU does not tick, the fan runs at low, constant RPM, no ramping. [pulling a maximum 5.2 watts from the wall]

I am not at work again until the weekend, but I will try removing RAMs and one of the CPU and can try anything else if needed.

I am just hoping this thread is still active enough that I don't have to start a new one

Rubiconnn

I'm having the same issue with an X1600 NAS.  It happened exactly when PG&E shut off our power due to the red flag conditions, but I don't know if that was a coincidence. When plugged in, niether power supply lights up its green LED. I've tried the trick to plug it in and then slide in the PSU with no success. I've ordered a new backplane on ebay and we'll see how it goes.

TealRiver

Did the power supply backplane fix the problem?

I replaced both power supplies and the motherboard. I am debating whether I should replace the backplane next or give up on this server.

Pawel-x
Occasional Visitor

Hi.

In my case the hot-plug PSU fix didn't work.

I bought random DL380 G7 server with P410i SAS controller and moved drives from ML350 G6 (since data recovery was the only thing I needed).

I put drives in order as they were in ML350 (probably not required). New server properly read RAID config (1+0&spare). At first it didn't boot (logical volume found, boot not set). In SmartArray config utility (F8 during startup) I had to sign boot option for my volume.

It worked.

Best part is - I bought online entire used DL380 G7 for amount of 40$ (no drives included), and it is current regular price in my location for that model. The cheapest power backplane for ML350 G6 I found was around 200$ (used).

llan

Hot-plug PSU fix didn't work for me either

I turned off with previusly maintenancemode on EXSI 

Can the power suply stay in maintenancemode ¿?¿?

still investigating