108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant ML350 Gen9

daniemal3124
Regular Visitor

ProLiant ML350 Gen9

Hi to All

I have a question to ask

One of my clients is running ProLiant ML350 Gen9 server with an embedded P440ar Raid Controller connected to 1 Drive Cage with 8 x SFF drives. They are adding another Cage Drive with another 8 Drives but was supplied with External P440 Raid Controller should they be supplied with a SAS Extender Card to connect to the Cage Drive. I can only find documetation refer to the extender card. According to our presales team It is an support configuration and that I can install the External P440 card and connect it directly to Drive Cage 2 port 1 and 2. However I have tried it but the server sees the P440 but dont see any drives connected to it. I cant find any documentation about this.

2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

I'm pretty sure the drive backplane of the new cage needs power.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
daniemal3124
Regular Visitor

Hi thanks for the reply there is power to the secondary drive cage. However when you try to configure the drives that is installed in the drive cages it tells you that there are no drives connect to it use SSA. But i see according to the documents your require expansion card if you have to more than 8 drives. According to the the confirmation and advisory : http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=mmr_kc-0124148.. I need to know without exspansion card will you be able to connect P440 to secondary drive Cage to port1 and port 2. Cant find any references about P440 direct connected to Drive Cages everything refers to SAS Exspansion