1752823 Members
4320 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ProLiant ML350p G8 add second CPU

cbe_bel

ProLiant ML350p G8 add second CPU

Hello 

I have 2 quick questions about our server needing a small hardware upgrade.

My company would like to improve our proliant ML350p G8 CPU performance by adding another Xeon 2403.

I saw that we needed to add a FAN to the first slot.

I would like to know where I can find the fan to buy?

(it's not the proliant G8 V2 that is currently on the website it's the previous, but IDK if it will be compatible).

My second question is about the processor.

Can I simply buy a Boxed Xeon 2403 ?

(will it have the heatsink or should I buy an heatsink from HP too?)

Regards,

C.

2 REPLIES 2
RbBsmn
Regular Advisor

You can buy the Processor-kit which comes with both the processor and the heatsink.

You can easily find the fan part number by entering the product number of the server on partsurfer.hp.com.

If you contact HP Pre-sales is your country they should be able to give you the information too and you might be able to directly buy it from them too.
Did my post help? Thank me with kudo's! :)
SandyK
Occasional Advisor

@cbe_bel 

Thanks for your post.

Rbsmn is right in that you can buy the Processor-kit plus heatsink. I don't see any of these parts online but I am sending over a PM so that I connect you with someone from our Pre-sales team who can help you with these parts.

Refer to HP Proliant ML350p Gen8 Server-Removing and Replacing the Heatsink and Processor page for compatible fans with your server.

I am an HP representative, and I love helping our customers. If you need further insight into HP Solutions, please send me a private message or contact an HP Solutions Expert.