7339 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Raid Controller Issue - P212

NItheshull
Occasional Visitor

Raid Controller Issue - P212

HI,

Having HP ML 110 G6 server, issue with a raid controller card P212  with 4 HDD's all it was working fine and suddenly stopped initilizing in the startup and stopped booting and the card chip is getting too much heat please suggest me what would be the cause. Earlier during the boot all the Leds were blinking green colour now only one orange light glows.

whether the hard disk connected to the raid controller can it be connected to onboard sata connectors will it work?

My view is that raid controller card is faulty, checked connecting to other working system and there in the device manager card is shown

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Raid Controller Issue - P212

Hi,

Refer to QuickSpecs of HP Smart Array P212 Controller, HP ProLiant ML110 Generation 6, and see if the existing 4 hard drives are compatible with onboard controller which is B110i SATA RAID Controller.

I would suggest to check if all the fans are working in the server and airflow is proper, if the card is working on a different server, then do check some other card in this server, just to make sure if the slot is working fine.

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

mlasidab
Frequent Advisor

Re: Raid Controller Issue - P212

Just guessing but have to tried removing the cache memory and see what happens?

Thanks