1755711 Members
4810 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RAM configuration/detection error DL380 G7

MiguelGutierrez
Occasional Visitor

RAM configuration/detection error DL380 G7

Hi. After a Maintenance job (Dry air cleaning and visual check) , a DL380 Gen7 server can't boot. In the insight panel appears a Ram error (All leds in ambar). After so many test, the error seems be a no detectable RAM. The server only has 1 CPU in the #1 Slot and 2x2gb RAM in A-B slots. Until yesterday works fine. After the shutdown and maintenance, the error appears.

This's already done:

* Deep cleaning of DIMM slots and memory's pin (Dry pressed air, electronic contact cleaner, etc)

* Deep cleaning of whole motherboard, including full disassembling.

* Change ram for new modules in same configuration.

* Reset of NVRAM (in dipswitch 6 on maintenance switch)

* Check in ILO (Error: Memory configuration error)

* Only for test purposes, change to #2 Slot Proc and RAM. In this point, the server boot, display video and obviously, appears the PROC1 error and the system is halted (In insight panel and display).

My questions:

It's possible a damage ini the DIMM slots that make this fail?

May be due a missuse in the manteinance job?

It's possible change the configuration for use only a #2 Proc?

Please, I' really need repair this server and i' don't know what else to do

3 REPLIES 3
AmRa
HPE Pro

Greetings.

Yes, as per the troubleshooting action performed looks like DIMM slot issue.

With reference to bootstrap processor (PROC 1), the Multiprocessor initialization protocol defines two classes of processors: the bootstrap processor (BSP) and the application processors (APs).

Following a power-up or RESET of an Multiprocessor  system, system hardware dynamically selects first processors on the system bus as the bootstrap processor. Hence you have seen PROC1 error. However there is no option available to change the bootstrap processor from PROC 1 to PROC 2.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
MiguelGutierrez
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for you answer. Effectively, I 'can not boot with only # 2PROC. That was validated in the service guide. Pleasy help me with another question.

In the ILO overview or diagnosys, the values have not been updated after the many previous test.
That means, the size of the memory and the processor still shows the previous values (A: 2Gb, B: 2Gb, PROC # 1), even if they have more, or less than no memory or the processor has been changed to slot # 2.

AmRa
HPE Pro

Greetings.

After multiple test if the post will not complete or ILO will not initialized on POST, then it will show the previous old value only.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo