ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748182 Members
3489 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Red Light on HP Smartarray B110i Sata Raid - every 2 weeks - restart Server restarts with no error.

stu_c
Occasional Visitor

Red Light on HP Smartarray B110i Sata Raid - every 2 weeks - restart Server restarts with no error.

I have a problematic red light that appears on one of my PROLIANT DL160 drives (signalling bad drive)

I have a simple RAID 1 array setup and am finding that the 2nd bay red lights every 2-3 weeks.

A reset of the server asks for recovery then boots back into windows and works fine?

Ive replaced the drive first time as I thought that was the best bet, but found a hot swap removed the red light but didnt mount the drive.  The raid utility still says its a bad drive (or no power).

Ive reseated all cables

/Stu

1 REPLY 1
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Red Light on HP Smartarray B110i Sata Raid - every 2 weeks - restart Server restarts with no err

Hi,

Have you tried updating Server bios and or hard drive firmware to fix this issue apart from reseating the cables.

Check the model number of the drive and see if there is any new firmware available that fixes the issue.

If the problem is happening on a particular drive slot, then it could be drive backplane or cable issue.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo