108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remote Insight/ Integrated Lights-Out interface error

Renjiv
Respected Contributor

Hi All,

The below info might help you all.

(SNMP) Remote Insight/ Integrated Lights-out interface Error (9006)

-       Remote Insight/ Integrated Lights-Out Interface Error. The host OS has detected an error in the Remote Insight/ Integrated Lights-Out interface. The firmware is not responding.

-       Consequently to the 9006 SNMP trap a 9005 might be triggered as well.

-       When this happens, System Management Home Page will display under Management Processor box Integrated Lights-Out 3 as degraded Despite the error being shown, ILO will remain functional and accessible

Solutions:

This issue has been seeing most commonly on ProLiant servers running Microsoft Windows 2008 Server Enterprise Edition X64 and in some ESX environments. Updating Management Controller Driver to version 3.3.1.0 might not resolve the issue in some cases.

If there is no production impact on this issue, then the error can be ignored.

Workaround:

Youu may also try the below workaround:

From SMHP(System Management Home Page) click on the Integrated Lights Out 3 link and reset ILO from there. This would work for an undetermined amount of time and the SNMP trap might appear later on.

SIM, SMH, are not the root cause of this instead as mentioned above a new Management Controller Driver will be released sometime in the future.

Regards,

Renji

Was this post useful? -
To say thanks click the "thumbs up" icon below!!! .....
TippaFew
Occasional Visitor

Is this a tech note from HP - could you post the link to the article? Unfortunately my managament do not believe me and require verification that this was posted by HP...

Thanks!

Renjiv
Respected Contributor

We dont have any Tech note from HP. This solution is from my experience and ILO3 Management Controller Driver to version 3.3.1.0 worked in few scenarios.

You may get the ILO3 Management Controller Driver from below links:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=4154735&prodNameId=4154847&swEnvOID=4024&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-e89f2d6b66c242cd989e9611b6

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=4091412&prodNameId=4091432&swEnvOID=4022&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-9072a587fdd04c6b9e3eb856e2

Regards,

Renji

Was this post useful? -
To say thanks click the "thumbs up" icon below!!! .....
Snak3eye5
Frequent Advisor

Ok i have updated my smart start and firmware to the latest and greatest. I have tried cycling snmp service and this resolved the error for me. I also changed snmp trap in services to automatic.
Snak3eye5
Frequent Advisor

OK i take this back. It keeps happening and was only a temporary fix.

riperez
Occasional Advisor

Any update on this. This starting popping up on some of servers lately.

haven564
Visitor

Um ya, ignoring is not a solution nor is resetting a viable work around. This issue has been happening for many months across the board for us. Logging into each server each time an alerts pops for this is not efficient. We really need to see a response from HP on this.

Josh_00
Occasional Visitor

This issue has come up on basically every DL360 G7 and DL380 G7 that my organization has purchased.

We have updated drivers to newest, firmware to newest, and then have performed an NVRAM reset. The issue still crops up.

There was a blip in a version changelog awhile back (can't remember if it was the newest firmware or newest driver) that mentioned erroneous 9006 errors being generated, so I got excited. But it makes no difference.

When someone receives a resolution from HP, please post. Our customers/management don't approve of the "ignore it" resolution...

Josh_00
Occasional Visitor

I received this response from an HP tech tonight:

"Our engineering team is currently testing a beta version of [iLO Management Controller Driver] 3.4.0.0 that will be released once the testing phase has been completed."

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

iLO3 drivers v3.4.0.0 are on the FTP site already. I'm told they will hit the web later this month along with PSP 9.0.

W2K8 x64 and R2.

CHIF driver: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-windows/p1398020247/v67292

Management driver: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-windows/p2122273788/v66427

W2K8 x86 and W2K3 x86.

CHIF driver: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-windows/p1741131556/v67461

Management driver: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-windows/p468919737/v66428

Let me know if it solves the issue for you.  We have few customers reporting that it only makes the issue happen less frequently and even though with version 3.4.0.0 we cannot reproduce this issuein our labs anymore, we are still working on this case.