ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1747980 Members
4756 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Replacing H240ar controler by a P440ar on a existing server with logical drives

SOLVED
Go to solution
renatoyk
Visitor

Replacing H240ar controler by a P440ar on a existing server with logical drives

Hi there,
I'm trying to do acontroller upgrade on a DL360 Gen9 Server (H240ar controler by a P440ar) but when server starts, POST ERROR is shown:
1795-Slot 0 Drive Array - Write back Cache Configuration does not correspond to this drive array"

Running Smart Storage Administrator, I Cant do anything. Message: CACHE STATUS PROBLEM DETECTED, To prevent data loss, configuration changes are not allowed. Physical disks are even detected by SSA.

Am I doing something wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: Replacing H240ar controler by a P440ar on a existing server with logical drives

Hi,

Good Day !!!

I would like to request you follow as below.

Cause

• Power was interrupted while data was in the cache.
  • Data stored in the cache does not correspond to this drive array.

Action

Please follow as below action.

• Match the cache to the correct drive array.
  • Run HPE SSA to clear the data in the cache.
  • Update SA controller P440ar firmware with the latest.

Let me know if you have further query.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

renatoyk
Visitor
Solution

Thanks for answer SanjeevGoyal,

It is a brand new controller, so I wasn't able to match correct array. All SSA configuration buttons were disabled in order to prevent data loss, accordig to the screen.

I followed these steps in order to replace controller:

- Installed P440ar in a lab server with a spare disk; (same error was found in lab server);

- Executed HP provision tasks to erase server and disks (this cleared cache);

- Removed P440ar from lab server and installed to produciotn server;

- Updated firmware and OS drivers.

Now production server is up and running :-)

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hi,

Thank you for reply.

Please let us know if you have any query.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Charles_A

Can you give more detail on "Executed HP provision tasks to erase server and disks (this cleared cache);"?  I looked widely and deeply for what it might be in the menus without success.

Charles Atkinson