ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753451 Members
5958 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Resetting the BIOS password on the HP ProLiant DL380 G7 server

Rustik09

Resetting the BIOS password on the HP ProLiant DL380 G7 server

Добрый день! Имеестя сервер HP ProLiant DL380 G7 с забытым администраторским паролем на BIOS. 

Нашел на внутренней крышке сервера схему очистки NVRAM посредством переключения S6 в положение ON. Подскажите пожалуйста, если я выполню очистку NVRAM  данные о созданных Raid останутся? Сбросятся только параметры BIOS?

То есть делаю очистку NVRAM, после чего просто заново настраиваю BIOS и так же запускаю установленнию операционную систему. Получится?

Вопрос №2: Где настраивается приоритет загрузки Raid?

Спасибо!

Good afternoon! Has an HP ProLiant DL380 G7 server with a forgotten administrator password on the BIOS.

I found the NVRAM cleaning scheme on the server's internal cover by switching S6 to ON. Can you please tell me if I perform the cleaning of NVRAM data about the created Raid will remain? Reset only the BIOS settings?

That is, I do the cleaning of NVRAM, then I just re-configure the BIOS and start the installation of the operating system. Will it work out?

Question # 2: Where is Raid priority set?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
derick_souza
Frequent Advisor

Re: Resetting the BIOS password on the HP ProLiant DL380 G7 server

Hi @Rustik09

Yes the Raid will remain and will Reset only the BIOS settings.

Resetting the BIOS password

1. Power down the server.
2. Remove the server cover.
3. Locate the System Maintenance Switch, position 6, and move the switch to the "On=Clear NVRAM" position.
4. Power the server back on until Power-On Self-Test begins.
5. After POST has started, power-cycle the server off.
6. Move the System Maintenance Switch back to the "Off" position.
7. Replace the server cover and power on the system. The server will boot normally. 

About Raid priority page 65 https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c00729544