Did you mean: 

Riser for DL385 Gen10

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Visitor

Riser for DL385 Gen10

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have any information on whether the following components can be installed in the DL 385 Gen10:

2 x Maxtor C680 graphic cards (requires full lenght slot) + capture card Maxtor Mura IPX (requires half lenght slot)

The default riser that comes with the server has two half lenght slots, and one full lenght slot.

BR

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
HPE Pro

Re: Riser for DL385 Gen10

Hello,

DL385 Gen10 Server Quickspecs -> https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=a00026913enw
Please check Page 5 - System Fans requirment

Please check page 43 and 44 for supported GPU's - HPE Computation and Graphics Accelerators

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Highlighted
Visitor

Hi

Thank you for your answer.

I read Quickspecs but still not shure how to resolve it.

The isue is not compatibility but the fact that I have two full lenght GPUs and one half lenght controller that I need to install in server with one CPU.

In Gen9 servers this was not a problem bcause they had riser that supports this type of installation only with one riser.

So question is: Is there a riser that supports that kind of configuration for Gen10 servers, or maybe I can install 2nd GPU on additional riser (I don`t know wil this work without other CPU)?

Highlighted
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi,

The configuration that you looking for you need secoundary riser for which 2nd CPU is required.

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Highlighted
Visitor

Hi

not the solution I was hoping for...

Still thank you for your time

Best regards