ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752399 Members
5445 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Smart Array p420 with soldered blue wire - did it come from factory like this?

Madz1

Smart Array p420 with soldered blue wire - did it come from factory like this?

I have purchased a second hand HP SmartArray p420 controller card to find it has a blue wire soldered on that runs from one side of the board to the other. Can anyone confirm with any certainty whether some of these cards were supplied by HP like this, or has someone repaired this one at some point?

Suspect controller (front)

Suspect Controller (back)

3 REPLIES 3
active-Pro
HPE Pro

Re: Smart Array p420 with soldered blue wire - did it come from factory like this?

Hi.

I don't think a brand new card will have a wire soldered in that way. This seems to be a repaired one. 

Usually, if there is a track that is broken or cutoff for some reason a wire is used to bridge the circuitry.

I am an HPE Employee.
Regards.

I work for HPE. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

Accept or Kudo

Madz2
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the quick reply - I feel the same way, however I've seen a couple of places on the internet selling as "new" with a wire like that - is there anyone there in engineering you could ask?

Many thanks, I don't know where else to try and find an answer to this

active-Pro
HPE Pro

I don't think a company like HPE would sell something like that for sure, no point in going back to engineering.

It may be done in the initial stage of product development/testing phase but when a product is released and in production, we would not do that.

I am an HPE Employee.
Regards.

I work for HPE. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

Accept or Kudo