1753418 Members
5109 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: smartstart 8.70 ilo2 after update to 2.06 login to ilo2 in Japanese

Robert Cook_6
Frequent Advisor

smartstart 8.70 ilo2 after update to 2.06 login to ilo2 in Japanese

After selecting "ProLiant Support Pack for Microsoft Windows Server 2003 x64 Editions version 8.70 (English (US), Japanese)" in my HP Version Control Agent and then updating the firmware on the ILO2 to version 2.06, login to the ilo2 is now in Japanese.  I can go to the HP web site and download a version of 2.06 from June 2011 and that is in English.  I don't have any other options for 8.70 except this one.  Is this a known problem or just me?

Thanks,

Bob

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthor C Clark
7 REPLIES 7
MarkLH69
Occasional Advisor

Same thing happened to us. Don't think its related to the PSP 8.70 though, since the iLO firmware is not part of the PSP.

There was no 2.06 English listed for a while, and I think HP made an error with the catalog which caused the Japanese 2.06 to be downloaded.

We deployed it to a server and it definitely is Japanese only firmware !

Are you using a HP SIM server with Version Control Repository ?

We were told to remove the Japanese updates from the HP SIM Repository and then do an Update from HP and a catalog rebuild.

This has removed the update from HP SIM, though the servers are still showing the firmware as (Japanese) at the moment.

I only did this today, so hoping they might clear themselves up in the next day or so.

Otherwise I will deploy the 2.06 US iLO firmware as a push out from HP SIM.

MarkLH69
Occasional Advisor

Actually, the HP website also still recommends Japanese firmware for the iLO when the language is set to English (US) .. so maybe they haven't fixed the issue yet.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3279711&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121586&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1113#29213

MarkLH69
Occasional Advisor

Its even more weird than I realised ...

My HP SIM VC Repository now looks correct and only has the English (US) version of the iLO2 firmware 2.06 (filename is cp014891.exe) in the repository.

My servers still want to install the Japanese firmware, even after doing a Software Status Polling and restarting the VCA.

All my servers which are Windows 2003 x64 seem to want the Japanese version of the iLO firmware (cp015167.exe)

A few servers I have which are running Windows 2008 R2 seem to be correct in their VCA and want cp014891.exe

A server on which we manually deployed the latest English (US) firmware 2.06 is still showing as (Japansese) in the VCA, even though it is not.

Robert Cook_6
Frequent Advisor

The workaround is to log into the affected server and download the 2.06 version dated 4 Jun 2011 from HP.  It warns you that you already have this version installed.  Install it anyway and you will be back to English.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthor C Clark
MarkLH69
Occasional Advisor

I can deploy the English (US) 2.06 iLO firmware, either manually or from my HP SIM server too (now I have it in the Repository). I have 300+ of these servers with iLO2, so I need to do it from HP SIM.

However, even once the US version 2.06 is installed and working, the VCA on the server still thinks it the Japanese firmware and the link points to the Japanese version of the firmware (cp015167.exe and no cp014891.exe).

Pics attached, does your still look like this in VCA ?

As you can see its certainly running the US firmware, but still thinks it wants Japanese.

Cormac O'Reilly
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

i am also having this problem with a couple of servers of mine. i manually installed 2.06 on the server and i got the interface back to English.

my VCA still sees the Japanese version, any further ideas how to fix this?

Cheers

Sander-A
Advisor

Has anyone found a longterm solution for this problem besides manually removing the japanese firmware (presumably each time there's an update)?