4755 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SOLVED! --> ML330 G6 + P410 ZM - error 1706

Carlos_Martinez_ML330
Occasional Advisor

SOLVED! --> ML330 G6 + P410 ZM - error 1706

Hello,

After installing a P410 (fw ver. 6.4) with two non hotplug Western Digital SAS 3Tb disk. I want have a RAID 0 lun for data looking for performance ( not important data )

My OS boot drive will be a SATA disk conected to the on board SATA controller (controller1 port 1) my DVD unit is conected to the SATA controller 2 port 1 (for optical devices) the RAID option for both is desactivated in the RBSU.

I configured in the P410 a logical unit with ORCA in RAID 0. When I try to reboot the server I get this error:

"1706-Extended BIOS Memory Data (EBDA) has been Corrupted Array Controller Interrupt 13H BIOS can not Continue. System Halted"

I tryed to change the card boot order, tryed to change the slot for the P410, tryed to desactivate sata embeded controller, tryed a lot of things readed at inet but... the only thing that works is... delete de logical unit at the P410. When I configure from the OS (ACU) a new logical unit and reboot... I get the error again.

I'm getting mad about the problem...

My last tray was move the SATA disk with the OS to the P410 but... same problem.

Please, any advice/help?

Thanks in advance

Carlos

3 REPLIES 3
wanhao
Frequent Advisor

Re: ML330 G6 + P410 ZM - error 1706

Hi,hope this will help you!

ProLiant Servers - 1706-Extended BIOS Memory Data has been Corrupted Array Controller Interrupt 13H BIOS can not Continue. System Halted

ISSUE:

This error appears after POST has finished and the BIOS is handing off boot control to a Smart Array controller.
SOLUTION:

Any BIOS corruption can cause this. Clear CMOS/NVRAM and take the system down to base configuration.
Anything that is loading or initializing into the BIOS at start up can cause this. In one case, that it was caused by an IBM Console switch.
  NOTE: The Hard drives for the mirror image of the OS "might" be a cause for the message. Replacing the hard drive might resolve the issue.
Carlos_Martinez_ML330
Occasional Advisor

Re: ML330 G6 + P410 ZM - error 1706

Hi wanhao, thanks for your interest.

To be honest, I found the thread that you show, I have it in my bookmarks "to do" ;)

Just one thing... How can I delete the CMOS/NVRAM. I suppose will be an option in the RBSU but can't find it.

By the other hand, the note from HP  about replace the hard disks... you know. If the server no work... replace it ;)

Thank you very much for your effort and interest.

As a summary:

How can I delete the CMOS/NVRAM.?  I suppose will be an option in the RBSU but can't find it.

Carlos_Martinez_ML330
Occasional Advisor

Re: SOLVED! --> ML330 G6 + P410 ZM - error 1706

Just explain the problem and solution found.

The problem were not in the hardware... I builded a logical unit of 5.4Tb and... Windows needs to set the volume as GPT. Other way... can't start the OS boot process...

I understood that a memory corruption is a hardware issue but...