1748009 Members
4393 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SPP for HP DL380 G8

Chukcha

SPP for HP DL380 G8

Dear all 

I want to install windows server 2016 on HP proliant DL380 G8.  Google said me befour the install windows server 2016 on G8 i need install HPE service pack than should be my server is support windows server2016

what SPP version i need to download for resole my issue ?

Thank you ! 

6 REPLIES 6
PDM-IT
Occasional Visitor
6BQ5
Frequent Advisor

The SPP doesn't seem to be freely available. It's behind some sort of paywall? A valid support agreement or warranty is required to gain access. Is that right?

Boris
6BQ5
Frequent Advisor

Following up on this thread ...

The SPP doesn't seem to be freely available. A valid warranty or service agreement seems to be required. If we buy our servers second hand then how are we suppose to self-support ourselves if the necessary drivers and updates are behind a pay wall?

Boris
Shwetha3
Frequent Advisor

Hello, 

Gen8.1 is the last supported SPP for DL380 Gen8 Server

https://techlibrary.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/products/service_pack/spp/index.aspx?version=Gen8.1

Also,  you will need to sign up on HPE Support center and create a passport sign in account.

An active warranty/ contract is required to be linked to your account in order to download the BIOS firmware or SPP

Please refer below link which explain in the same 

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=a00109633en_us

Regards,

Shwetha 

[Moderator edit: Updated the broken link.]

I am an HPE Employee
6BQ5
Frequent Advisor

@Shwetha3Thanks for the reply! Ok ... so, HP requires some sort of warranty or support agreement. The links you gave reference connecting already active agreements to one's account. Where does one go to buy some support and how much is it? I'd like to know where the common man can go for a helping hand here.

Personally, for these machines that are officially retired and obsoleted from the product line, I think HP should provide the download free of charge. Downloads for the current G10 are a different matter since they are active products.

Thanks!

Boris
AT1
Occasional Advisor

I will test and confirm