7403 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: STOP error after PSP 7.8

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jason Riebe

I have also experienced the system hard lock after applying PSP7.9 over the existing 7.6. To muddy the water I also applied W2k3sp2. 2 Days after these updates were applied the ml350 (with e200i) siezed up solid (frozen screensaver and no response from keyboard or mouse) After hitting the big red switch the server would not get past the applying settings page until i rebooted with the network cable out.Unfortunately my 40GB mail store was toast and I needed to restore from backup.

Once exchange was recovered all was fine for the 60 users and their mail all day.This hang had happened during a backup so I suspected a scsi driver or backup exec problem (Backup Exec 11d on this server). I successfully backed up just the mail store on friday night and held the nightly backup job. The server was fine friday night and saturday but froze again sunday morning.

Again it had toasted the mail store and i had to retore it.

I have now disabled all HP Insight services as suggested earlier in this thread to see if that helps.

I find it unbelievable that this problem has been around for 2 psp packs.

Is the general concensus still to uninstall the psp7.9 and reinstall psp7.7?

Regards Jason
RNIESEN

Hello,

i had the same BSOD, were running 7.7 and 7.8. We got the bluescreen every time we
reboot/shutdown the server. No BSOD when
running. We are running W2k3 SP2 german incl. all Windows Updates, Citrix PS 4.5.

I've tested several things and the bluescreen was gone (as far as i know i removed one agent).

Now after i applied 7.90 the bsod "strikes back" and my network cards are gone (yellow
flag at "HP N373i Virtual Bus Device".
The Network adapter are missing.

Then i have testet an older Version of PSP,
but the bsod stays.

Now after re-installing PSP 7.90 without
updating the network driver and installing
cp008238.exe, cp007625.exe (CPQ Teaming Software) before rebooting (Broadcom Driver 3.4.10.0) the bsod ist gone. (After reboot i had to reinstall the "HP N373i Virtual Bus Device" Driver, because the had the yellow flag, i got the files from the extracted cp008238.exe. After reinstall of the drivers i had to configure the network cards because the one that was deactivated was activated and the one that was activated was deactivated ).

No other settings are made. Server running,
shutting down, rebooting without blue screen.

Regards
Reiner

Arian van der Pijl
Regular Advisor

"After reboot i had to reinstall the "HP N373i Virtual Bus Device" Driver, because the had the yellow flag, i got the files from the extracted cp008238.exe"

My quick guess is that it might only happen on Terminal Server installations of Windows Server 2003.

Can anyone confirm this?

The installer setup routine might be 'intercepted' on a Terminal Server.

Rami Gabriel
Frequent Advisor

Got 2 identical DL380 G3 servers, both with windows server 2003 SP2 and SQL 2000, one with light load facing NO PROBLEMS what so ever, any PSP pack I throw at it is fine and stable...

The other server is a Domain controller, file , print and DNS server in addition to a small SQL 2000 database, simultaneous users never exceed 7 at any time, weird restarts with no good reason, even occurs when there is no one at work !!! on certain days (every two weeks or so) the server keeps restarting around 7-10 times with no errors at all, just restarts, dont know if BSODs are happening though as its not connected to a monitor, i just access remotely when there is trouble...

I've tried every solution on this forum with no luck, reseated memory, processor, fans, checked the power... even changed all network and power cables...

Tried PSP 7.6, 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 all with the forced installation option checked...

Finally removed all HP programs, disabled SNMP traps, no network teaming was ever used and still loads of restarts...

We're in the process of purchasing 3 new DL380 G5 performance servers and in doubt if this is the right decision after what i've seen so far from unstable drivers/software...

Called HP (Middle East) on 25/10/07 and opened a support ticket, they said someone will call and no one did, finally got this on 04/11/07 in my email :

HP Reference Number: 1217402431

Sent another email explaining that NO ONE called me and still no reply from HP

LOL ... Solid Support they have !!!

Another thing, before SP2 I used to restart the server in 2-3 minutes, now it takes around 7-8 minutes just to start the restart process !

Out of clues... Anyone ??

RNIESEN

Hello,

Today i have started a new installation from the hp server with smart start v7.90 cd and windows 2003 standard editon german (integrated sp1 from ms, no ts only
remote desktop activated)
PSP Installation was set to express -> after installation of w2k3 and logging on and the automatic installation of psp -> reboot ok

All drivers are installed without any error. No yellow flags !

Windows 2003 Sp2 installed -> reboot ok

WU Update with all updates installed -> reboot ok

Shutdown without BSOD.

Hardware:

DL360 G5 P400i Raid Controller 2x72 GB Raid1 4GB Ram (alle FW Updates from FW CD 7.90)

Driver:

Broadcom NIC Driver Version (NC373i): 3.4.10.0
Teaming Mode Software Version: 8.70.0.15
P400i Driver Version: 6.8.0.32

Firmware: Updated with FW CD 7.90 to the newest versions.

I think the problems are fixed with the newest smart start...

Regards Reiner

Rami Gabriel
Frequent Advisor

I've applied a new PSP ... 7.91 hoping that it resolves my issues, 24 hours now and stable... Has this PSP fixed anyone's BSOD issues ??
DennisCThornton
Frequent Advisor

7.9 fixed the problems here.
Rami Gabriel
Frequent Advisor

48 Hours stable then suddenly a BSOD with PSP 7.91 !!!

For heaven's sake is there anyone from HP even looking at this thread ???
Nathan Tyssen

Hopefully this helps for those out there with the problem of the NC373i disappearing after upgrading the PSP: I upgraded PSP from 7.6 to 7.9 and the embedded NICs disappeared. I am running terminal server for Server 2003.

I had the "HP N373i Virtual Bus Device" Driver yellow flag in Device Manager and the NICs were nowhere to be found. I tried reinstalling the drivers with cp008238.exe but it kept failing.

The fix I found was do a rollback of the Virtual Bus driver (in Device Manager) and it immediately reinstalled and enabled the NICs. I then upgraded the drivers again with cp008238 and it worked.
Daryl Petersen2

We've got 3 customers with ML350 G5 based hardware. All three have experienced a hang. Totally unresponsive system that must be reset via iLO. ASR does not kick in at all.

Running SBS 2003 or Server 2003 R2 SP2 I believe. Latest firmware/psp/windows patches.

No bluescreens or other wierdness. Hang occurs randomly on 2 sites (once on one in the last week, twice on the other) and predominantly during backup (BE11d) every 2-7 days on the 3rd site. The 3rd site has had these issues for 2 months now.

Would I be right in thinking the TOE issues mentioned earlier could be the culprit???? I'm checking now to confirm if this is enabled at all 3 sites.....