1752770 Members
5596 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Strange events from hpqilo2

StevenH_1
Occasional Contributor

I downgraded the ILO management driver to 1.8 and did a shutdown instead of just rebooting. Also disabled the ASR. Did this about two weeks ago and no errors in the event logs since then.
lbecker
Occasional Advisor

Just got a call from HP.. they want to replace the system board. Sounds a bit excessive, no?
StevenH_1
Occasional Contributor

Every server that I've upgraded 8.20 had HPQILO2 errors, so if they start replacing motherboards I hope they have a good pile in stock!!!
Shane V
Advisor

I am getting the same errors in the log files + a random reboot about once a week on a DL380G5 Win2003 also this error in the ilo log "BMC IPMI Watchdog Timer Timeout: Action=System Power Reset".

just notice a new firmware release for ILO today "cp010540.exe - Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - HP Integrated Lights-Out 2 Version 1.77"

in the fix list..
"Fixed an issue where iLO could cause the ASR timer to trigger during a broadcast storm"

hopefully this will fix the ASR reboot problem.
TLRieman

I am seeing the same error messages in the Event Log on one Proliant DL365 G5. I experienced one ASR reboot of that server and have since installed,"cp010540.exe - Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - HP Integrated Lights-Out 2 Version 1.77". I have not had another reboot from ASR in 4 days since installing version 1.77. I have not disabled ASR. The ASR counter in HP Systems Management is not incrementing either, even though I continue to see groups of ~20 hpqilo2 events in the System event log. Thankfully I am only seeing this on one of our servers because of testing HP's drivers before installing on all of our servers. I would like to see them stop the event log errors before updating any more of our servers. Never trust updates from vendors, always test!
DMorgan
Occasional Advisor

Applied to quite a few of our machines that were having the problem the other day. It cant get any worse! No error so far but will test for a week before rolling out to all the proper production machines.
Donmeado

We are getting the same issues on two ML350 G5's, both brand new, both running 2008 Small Business (x64), both different sites. In both cases we seem to be able to cause the condition when Outlook Anywhere (over https) is in use. When no clients are allowed to do this, we are stable (it seems). We have calls open with HP and Microsoft so have upgraded/downgraded PSP, firmware, BIOS, drivers etc etc but issue remains with any combination including those suggested in forums etc.... Driving us crazy.
lbecker
Occasional Advisor

I applied cp010542.exe this morning (64-bit system) and the iLO2 errors stopped, however there are thermal errors being thrown now, which I previously didn't see. The displayed system temp hovering around 60C, although all the other sensors are well below their respective thresholds.

System Information Agent: Health: A Temperature Sensor Condition has been set to degraded. The system may or may not shutdown depending on the state of the thermal degraded action value '2'.
Chassis: '0'; Location: '3'
(Thermal degraded action values: 1=other, 2=continue, 3=shutdown)
(Location values: 1=other, 2=unknown, 3=system, 4=system board, 5=I/O board, 6=CPU, 7=memory, 8=storage, 9=removable media, 10=power supply, 11=ambient, 12=chassis, 13=bridge card)
[SNMP TRAP: 6041 in CPQHLTH.MIB]

HP tech has asked me to run the HPSREPORT and send in the results...we'll see what comes of that.
RLyons1
Occasional Advisor

I had the exact same issues with the above. I have several DL585 G2's running with W2K3 SP2 and actually had one of the servers BSOD on me. I downgraded the iLO 2 Management Controller Driver from v.1.11.0.0 to v.1.8.0.0 and it's cleared up te hpqilo2 driver alerts and the system is now stable.
Ivakin Dmitry
Frequent Advisor

Hi all,

I have new server Dl360 G5 and I was found it was restarted by ASR suddenly. I checked event viewer and found there a lot of error messages of ILO2. After reading this topic, I upgraded ILO2 driver to 1.11.0.0. Server restarted again, but without warning messages in logs. Then I downgraded driver to 1.8.0.0 and server was restarted again two times for last weekend. It means last solution doesn't help me.
Any suggestion? Just disable ASR? I'll do this temporary till some solution or driver will proposed by HP.