ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751690 Members
4163 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

The Disk is offline because of policy set by an Administrator + HP DL360 Gen 10 + OS Win 2016

Looper99
Occasional Contributor

The Disk is offline because of policy set by an Administrator + HP DL360 Gen 10 + OS Win 2016

I am seeing Non OS disk going offline after a reboot ( Intermittently ) on all 16 New Physical servers I am working on .  Disk is a local drive/Raid Volume .  There is no SAN storage on these devices. 

Verified SAN policy is set to "Online All" but the drive would still go offline sometimes  randomly after a reboot 

DISKPART> san

SAN Policy : Online All

3 REPLIES 3
sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Re: The Disk is offline because of policy set by an Administrator + HP DL360 Gen 10 + OS Win 2016

Hi @Looper99 

I see few reasons for it and would suggest some workaround :

1. Could you please check whether one or more disk having same disk identifier (disk id) ?

DISKPART> detail disk

if yes, change that to something unique for all the drives.

type  >uniqueid disk ID=[NEW SIGNATURE]

2. There could be a possibility of disk gets disappears/unavailable intermittentl,

Verify whether the drive goes missing from disk management and BIOS/System itself intermittently , if so power off the server and reseat the drive also look for any drive firmware fix.

3. Check disk attributes and makesure readonly attribute is disabled/cleared.

e.g.

Current Read-only State : Yes
Read-only : Yes
Clustered Disk : Yes

You can view its attributes:

DISKPART> select disk x=> mentioned your drive number
DISKPART> attributes disk
DISKPART> attributes disk clear readonly

Note: Sometimes fails to clears if its Clustered disk, stop all the nodes accessing it then do it (Should have write permission from where you are running these commands) 

Reboot and check the status.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Re: The Disk is offline because of policy set by an Administrator + HP DL360 Gen 10 + OS Win 2016

Hi @Looper99 

Did the above reply be of helpful? If yes, you can mark it as accepted solution, if not, feel free to revert.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

justinl

Re: The Disk is offline because of policy set by an Administrator + HP DL360 Gen 10 + OS

Did you ever find a solution to this? Having the exact same issue, a RAID I recently built (non-OS) went offline after a reboot on a Gen 10 ML350.