ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752579 Members
3164 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Unable to establish connection with my Gen10 server from newer powershell module (2.0.0.0)

Vmugutrao
Visitor

Unable to establish connection with my Gen10 server from newer powershell module (2.0.0.0)

Hey Guys,

I am trying to establish connection with my Gen10 server with HPEiLOcmdlts (2.0.0.0), however its failing with error " Unable to proceed as server generation information is not available ".

Same command is works fine with my Gen8/Gen9 servers. 

Command : Connect-HPEiLO -IP <iloname> -Username <Admin> -Password <SuperSecret> -DisableCertificateAuthentication

Any help !!!!!!!

Regards,
Vishal Mugutrao
7 REPLIES 7
Aarti_Verma
Occasional Contributor

Re: Unable to establish connection with my Gen10 server from newer powershell module (2.0.0.0)

Hi Vishal,

We need some more details about the problem to get the issue.
I reuest you to enable logging and pass on the log file to me [Private Info Erased].

Kindly follow the below steps:

1. Execute below cmdlet to enable logging, this cmdlet will also provide the log file with full path details.
   Enable-HPEiLOLog

2. Execute the Connect-HPEiLO cmdlet for the iLO, which is resulting into error.
    Connect-HPEiLO -IP <iloname> -Username <Admin> -Password <SuperSecret> -DisableCertificateAuthentication

3. Execute Find-HPEiLO cmdlet also for the same iLO.
   Find-HPEiLO <iLOIP>

3. Disable the logging using below cmdlet
   Disable-HPEiLOLog

4. Copy the log file and send it to us.

Regards,
Aarti Verma

thomaspunktelf
Advisor

Hi,

as I have the same issue may I ask you, ist there any solution so far?

thanks in advance

Thomas

GokulKS
HPE Pro

Hi Thomas,

Is your Gen10 system a non-Proliant server ? If yes then our cmdlets does not support it and we support only ProLaint hardware.

If its ProLaint server still you are facing issues then can you share the logs and results what expained in the previous reply of my team mate ( Aarti ) so that we can troubleshoot your issue and fix it soon.

Thanks,

Gokul 

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Vmugutrao
Visitor

Hi Gokul,

Thanks for your response, so mine is a Synergy blade not traditinal proliant hardware.

So this module does not support Synergy for session based login ?

Regards,
Vishal Mugutrao
GokulKS
HPE Pro

Hi,

Hmm i am afraid to say you can't use our iLO 2.0 cmdlets with Synergy but you can still use iLO 1.5.x cmdlets version for connecting to syngergy but it does not have any session based login.

There are OneView PoweShell cmdlets for Synergy servers you can referr and same.

https://github.com/HewlettPackard/POSH-HPOneView

Thanks,

Gokul

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Vmugutrao
Visitor

Hey,

My infra is combination of  Synergy & proliant based hardware, we were plannig to have a single script to configure standard settings for iLO with it.

Can we configure Synergy iLO settings with OneView module ? 

Regards,
Vishal Mugutrao
GokulKS
HPE Pro

Hi,

I am not an expert on OneView (OV) modules but with my limited knowledge i think it should be possible to configure iLO settings from OV cmdlets. You have check thier documentation and inline PowerShell help for more information.

Thanks,

Gokul

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo