1753628 Members
5622 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Update drive firmware

bkesting1
Advisor

Update drive firmware

I have a ProLiant ML350 G6 that I replaced a failed drive in and Smart Storage Administrator advises me to update the firmware on the drive. I have a P410i array controller and the drive in question is a model DF0450BAERH.  I found a download for the drive:

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=3902575&swItemId=MTX_0dc75e0d045848eea5a49b8977&swEnvOid=4138#tab3

I placed the downloaded .exe file into the swpackages subfolder of my SPP, but when I run SUM, the firmware update for the drive does not show up.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any assistance.

3 REPLIES 3
FrustratedAdam
Occasional Advisor

I just did a firmware update, go to the SSP download page and do a custom download to make a bootable ISO. It will build a bundle with all relevant packages you select. Then just boot from BIOS and click the automatic update.

Good Luck,

-Adam
bkesting1
Advisor

Okay, sounds like a plan.

Alternatively, could I just download the cpxxxx.exe file and just install firmware by running that?

FrustratedAdam
Occasional Advisor

Yes, you can just run as a normal execuatable, but if it does not fix the issue i would update the entire set just to be sure.