ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751857 Members
5493 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

Updating Hp Ml350P G8 Wiith-Out SPP Make it quiet...

Dashpuppy
Occasional Contributor

Updating Hp Ml350P G8 Wiith-Out SPP Make it quiet...

Is there any way other than paying hp 2500$ Canadian for a support contract for a bios update for the ML350p G8 server. I'm running on older Bios firmware witch keeps the system fans at 33% all the time. We have one of these at work and its QUIET, witch is why i now have one for my home lab to learn on.. Ive spent about 2 weeks on this sofar and still no luck. ALL I want to do is update the bios so it's quieter.. 

1 REPLY 1
Korenchkin

Re: Updating Hp Ml350P G8 Wiith-Out SPP Make it quiet...

well,there are a lot of posts about it,switch to b120i raid mode(even if you don't do raid),set every disk to raid0(each alone),because in ahci there is no way to read temperatures from drives(yes i know sw can do it from smart,but not this way),and then install with raid drivers(it might be possible to switch to raid without wiping drives,actually it is THE way,but do test it before,enabling raid0 just writes some header on unused part of disk,maybe at the end,so partition might need realignment,backup,always have backups :) ),but there should be no reinitialization(going from ahci to raid0 single drives)

also don't forget to set boot drive in raid admin