1752794 Members
6240 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Where's PSP for DL180 G6?

Ciro  Iriarte
Valued Contributor

Where's PSP for DL180 G6?

Last time I installed a Proliant (DL380G5), we still had the PSP available for Linux. Now, I'm required to install SLES11 on a DL180 G6 and in the downloads section related to this model I can only see hpacucli and hpdiags packages.

Anything changed about PSP?, current distros don't need any special modules or tools?.

Too new hardware to even have a PSP?

Regards,
5 REPLIES 5
Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro

Hi,

There are 300 and 500 series for PSP.
DL180 G6 is manually install the drivers.

Drivers link.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3884340&taskId=135&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3884339тМй=en&cc=us

regards.
Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo

Ciro  Iriarte
Valued Contributor

Can you clarify?

"There are 300 and 500 series for PSP."
- I guess it should state, "The PSP is only for DL3?? and DL5??"

"DL180 G6 is manually install the drivers."
- For DL180 I don't have PSP but can install the peaces by hand, right?

Thanks for the link, I was setting the language to spanish and most of the packages where missing/filtered out.
Ivan Kuznetsov
Frequent Advisor

Hello

A day ago I successfully installed PSP 8.40 (got from DL3xx download page) on two DL180 G6 under Eneterprise Linux 5. Of cource as DL180 does not have iLO, just LO100, I manualy deselected packages for iLO. All works :)

Reagars, Ivan

P.S. HP programmers makes source RPMs for NIC/RAID/etc unbuildable under RedHat. It seems that the .spec files were tested under SLES only...
Ciro  Iriarte
Valued Contributor

Good for me! :P

Being serious, if it's well built, it should work with both. Also found a PSP 8.41 that's only built for RHEL5.5

Regards,
Ivan Kuznetsov
Frequent Advisor

Hello!

Thank you for info about PSP 8.41

Building RPMs from source RPMs under RHEL requires the "redhat-rpm-config" package which is not installed by default. But this dependency is not defined in .spec files. Building without this package produces a lot of confusing errors