1754420 Members
2727 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion

WinSrv2016 and HP 785GB MLC G2 PCIe ioDrive2 for ProLiant Servers

CharlieK_EU
Occasional Advisor

WinSrv2016 and HP 785GB MLC G2 PCIe ioDrive2 for ProLiant Servers

I have DL380p G8 server with Windows 2016 Server installed. I have to to add PCI Express IO / Workload  accelerator card (storage) to this machine because it contains databases and current HDDs RAID-10 performance (P420 1GB FBWC) is too weak.

As I crawled across HPE support site - officially supported Windows Server version for Fusion ioDrive2 is 2012 R2

But maybe anybody was able to make it working under Windows 2016 Server or newer ?

3 REPLIES 3
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: WinSrv2016 and HP 785GB MLC G2 PCIe ioDrive2 for ProLiant Servers

Hello,

You may refer to section "Additional Options > HP I/O Accelerator Options" on page 45 of the HPE ProLiant DL380p Gen8 Server's QuickSpecs for information about supported I/O accelerator for the server.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

CharlieK_EU
Occasional Advisor

There is no information about support for 2016 Servers. But maybe someone did it working ?

Vinky_99
Esteemed Contributor

HP ioDrive2 may not be officially supported on Windows Server 2016 or newer, it may still be possible to get it working on your DL380p G8 server. It's always recommended to test any hardware changes in a non-production environment before making them in a production environment, to ensure compatibility and minimize potential downtime or data loss.

It is just a suggestion, I have not tried it. Make a note the driver and firmware versions for the ioDrive2 may need to be updated to ensure compatibility with Windows Server 2016. You may check with support to see if any updated drivers or firmware is available.

These are my opinions so use it at your own risk.