1751786 Members
5050 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 1850R Power On Problem

Levent Sasmazel

1850R Power On Problem

Folks,

I just buy a used ProLiant 1850R. I was planning to install Fedora 5 and make a file/CVS server. After cleaning the existing configuration these server put itself to a very weird condition. Now when ever I try to power up this system Power LED (Yellow) turning to Green for 2 sec and return back to yellow. I try with another Power supply and same result. Even switching this system to disaster recovery mode did not fixed the problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Levent
2 REPLIES 2
Tarek Kawach
Honored Contributor

Hi Levent:

Clear nvram by the system erase floppy
- Try to change the Cmos Battery ; there is a replacement battery you can get.

--
160274-001
4.5V alkaline battery for Real-Time Clock (RTC), 600mA - Has self-adhesive strip and attached cable and connector
-
http://h20141.www2.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.asp?mscssid=9M5684NQCXS48J5S2VRRGA0VU7G8E1NA&SearchInc=PartNumber
--

make sure the the I/O board is fully seated on the system board etc.

Compaq System Erase Utility
version 1.70 A (25 Apr 03)http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/17918.html
-

Remove the I/O PCI board and reseat it and make sure you don't get Led below it on the system board.

Regards,

Tarek.
Hey, look a light at the end of the tunnel.
Mike Mikes

The CMOS battery in the machine (proliant 1850r) is a 3-volt soldered to the m/b (why?).

Is it o.k. to put the 4.5-volt battery in the system? Just making sure because I have a dead CMOS battery also and I am planning on ordering the replacement battery (160274-001).

One more question! How do I know what jumper pins to connect the new bat to?

They look like this - right next to the old battery:

..... .
12345 6

With a jumper connecting pins 1 and 2.

Any help would be appreciated!