1753501 Members
4060 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Bios and Frimware upgrading ML350

Andy Warner
Advisor

Bios and Frimware upgrading ML350

I have recently taken over the managment of a ML350 G5 server. The server has some issues with going unresponsive now and again especially over weekends. The only error in the Proliant Managment Log is "PCI Bus Error (Slot3, Bus 0, Device 30, Function 0)". The server has a very old bios (D21), raid firmware (1.66) and drivers etc none of which have been updated since new and i believe upgrading them may fix some of the issues.

I have downloaded the HP Firmware CD 8.5 and the Startsmart CD 8.25, but as i have little experience with doing this on HP servers i was wondering if there is anything i should know before i do it? Is there a particular order to do things in? Does it matter jumping from very old versions to new versions? I take it my raid setup (3 x raid 1) with be unaffected?

Any other advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Atanas
Advisor

hi, Andy

there is particular order to update your system. You have to update it step by step. First the Firmware and than the Drivers.Could you tell me what kind of Smart Array do you have? Which PSP Version do you have on it? OS?
Andy Warner
Advisor

Thankyou for the reply.
I performed the upgrade on Thursday, first the Firmware CD and then the startsmart CD, and thankfully everything went ok. I must say i was very impressed with the software and the update process as a whole. Compared to the support etc for the Acer servers that i normally manage HP have excelled themselves, but i guess in this world you get what you pay for.