1753445 Members
5373 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Changing ILO Default Password

CA1012336
Occasional Contributor

Changing ILO Default Password

I changed the ILO default password, now I can't log in. I've tried everything. Is there anyway to reset the password back to the original factory setting? Or is there a way of resetting the password without having the current password.
Of course I don't lokk busy, I did it right the first time
3 REPLIES 3
Jeff Carver
Occasional Advisor

Re: Changing ILO Default Password

While the DC command only works if you're logged into the iLO already, and it sounds like you can no longer get in. To reset passwords to factory defaults, connect a serial terminal (or serial-cabled laptop with serial emulation, etc.) to the iLO serial port, and press and hold the MP reset button for > about 3 seconds (not sure of the exact time here). The MP will reboot, and a prompt should come up on the terminal asking if you want to reset the passwords.
Stay strong, be brave, wait for the signs!
CA1012336
Occasional Contributor

I found that there is an ILO security Overide switch on the motherboard. By default it's set to 0 for off, if you set it to 1, it turns it on. When it is turned on you can get into to ILO with no username or password and then go in and change the user account passwords. Once you've changed the password(s), you change the switch back to 0, of course this requires you to shut down the server twice.
Of course I don't lokk busy, I did it right the first time
Jeff Carver
Occasional Advisor

Just for clarification. The procedure I provided was for Integrity iLO servers. Patrick used the procedure for Proliant iLO servers. The procedure for shuting down the server twice to reset passwords doesn't meet Integrity HA requirements.
Stay strong, be brave, wait for the signs!