ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753500 Members
4167 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 systemboard LEDs

EKMartin

DL380 systemboard LEDs

Have a G3 Proliant DL380. It has no video output, and the HDDs do not seem to be spinning on power-up. The following LEDs on the systemboard are lit, and I cannot find documentation to explain what they are: CR49, CR59, CR66, CR67. Any ideas what these mean?
Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

i have seen this in model like mine ,the problem was memory

512MB of Advanced ECC PC2100 DDR SDRAM DIMM Memory Kit (2 x 256 MB) 300678-B21
1024MB of Advanced ECC PC2100 DDR SDRAM DIMM Memory Kit (2 x 512 MB) 300679-B21
2048-MB of Advanced ECC PC2100 DDR SDRAM DIMM Memory Kit (2x1024 MB) 300680-B21
4096MB of Advanced ECC PC2100 DDR SDRAM DIMM Memory Kit (2x 2048 MB)

NOTE: The 4096MB of Advanced ECC PC2100 DDR Memory kit (300682-B21) can only be used in 533MHz Front Side Bus models

don't ferget to apply you're points to these thread in every messages it is next to date and time has UNASSIGNED.

Dan TY
EKMartin

thanks Dan. Sorry about the points.

OK, I thought it might be memory, but when I remove all the memory, it should have video output, if only to give me an error that there's no memory installed. I even tried installing some incorrect RAM, and it should've started up and told me it's wrong, which it didn't. (I tested same method on another available server, and it came up as I described.)
So I was hoping to know about the meaning of the LEDs.
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

If you have no memory you will not have a video signal at all, nothing even server shouldn't boot.

Try a small correct memory,but at least some memory (pair).

Dan
EKMartin

OK, did as suggested. Installed known good memory, still nothing. Note: No system beeps when no memory installed either.
So back to the original question: what do the LEDs CR49/59/66/67 mean when lit?
thanks.
Anonymous011614
Occasional Advisor

I too am having this problem - the problem was brought about by the server taking a topple. It was placed vertically on a trolley but someone knocked it and it fell from ground level onto its lid.

Everything has been reseated but I've lost video...any suggestions please HP?

Thanks!
Veram_
Frequent Advisor

Hello Ray,

the Video card is onboard and there are no other possibilities to try other video cards on it, because they are just not supported on Proliants.

This means if You have tried other cable and other monitor, contact the Support and ask for warranty replacement.

Hp may refuse the replacement of the sys board because it was possibly damaged by the logistic company and this is not covered from the warranty. Ask the the delivery guys ,if this is the case.

Best regards