ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753469 Members
4768 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Gen10 Microserver Marvell RAID not rebuilding degraded disk

pitstop25

Gen10 Microserver Marvell RAID not rebuilding degraded disk

I have a Gen10 Microserver that gives me a failed\degraded disk. It is setup as RAID10 with 4 1TB Seagate drives. I have replaced the failed disk with an identical one and it is recognized by the Marvell software. When I select the virtual disk, it is "Degraded" and it prompts me to Delete or Rebuild it. If I select Rebuild, it jumps to the available, new disk and I select it and it gets added to the virtual disk as if it will rebuild. But after a few seconds it reverts back to the Free Physical Disks and the virtual disk stays as Degraded. What am I missing?

4 REPLIES 4
Chandra_S
HPE Pro

Re: Gen10 Microserver Marvell RAID not rebuilding degraded disk

Hello,

Good day,

first, Please make sure all these drivers are HPE supported ? If yes, Please elevate the case to HPE for furhter analysis we need to check the disk errors and status..

I am an HPE Engineer.

Accept or Kudo

Pcoronado
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

Just wondering if this was ever resolved. I have the same issue, I have a RAID1 with two disks, and my volume is degraded, I added a disk whitch is the exact same model as the other two, and when i try to rebuild the volume the disk gets added but then it gets listed back as a free disk, the volume does not get rebuild.

Any ideas?

lorisnet

Hello, I have the same problem. Have you already solved it?
Sunitha_Mod

Hello @lorisnet,

Thank you for posting! 

You might want to consider creating a new topic by utilizing the "New Discussion" button, as this will not only enhance visibility compared to the old topic but also boost your chances of receiving responses from experts.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo