1753395 Members
7103 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP DL385

CA1412441

HP DL385

I started installing a HP DL385 an Avaya branded one. When trying to connect to the services port on I was not successful so I hooked up a monitor to the server and saw the following message. "Attempting Boot from Hard Drive (C:) Non-system disk or disk error"

There is a then a countdown saying that it will reboot in five seconds but that does not happen and it just starts the countdown again.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is going and how to fix it? Or did a I get a DOA server?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Chris Rosan
Valued Contributor

Jeff,

I've actually got an Avaya branded DL380. Is this server part of an Avaya Communications manager system (VoIP PABX)?
CA1412441

Yeah I work for an AVAYA BP. We are in the process of migrating our S8700's to S8720's. The S8720's are the DL385.

Chris Rosan
Valued Contributor

Jeff,

Sounds like the boot order is incorrect. I suggest checking the boot order in the bios. I wasn't game enough to play with ours when we got them (we have s8710's), but I believe they are just DL380's, with the ilo hacked and the avaya cards added.

Our's only have 1 SCSI drive in each, and as I haven't played with them i don't know if it's meant to boot from "scsi" or the smart array controller. Suggest you try one, then the other.

DON'T change the array config. If you do that you may destroy the install.

I take it the lights on the drives are ok? You don't have a failed drive (light with the X over the disk picture). Our's only had 1 SCSI (dunno why they didn't spend the small amount extra to reduce repair costs...).

Is the 385 SCSI or SATA? I don't have any SATA Servers but if it is I'd suggest it will be pretty similar...

If that doesn't work, you can try re-installing the system. I think there are recovery CD's. If you are a BP you should have access to this anyway i'd imagine.
CA1412441

Yeh the lights appear to be normal as I have seen in the past. The S8720 is a SCSI.

I will check the boot order to see if that fixes anything.