ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1748123 Members
3135 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP GEN8 Microserver not booting correctly and will not start Itelligent provisioning How do i retunr

SOLVED
Go to solution
Trebor200
Occasional Contributor

HP GEN8 Microserver not booting correctly and will not start Itelligent provisioning How do i retunr

Hiya Guys, I realy hope some of you experts can help.

I purchased the HP Gen7 Microserver just a few days ago, i had a few issues trying to installin windows 2012 R2 through Intelligent Provisioning due to license check and from that i formatted the drives. Now, im unsiure if related but since i carried out this format i now have numerous errors and my server will not boot to Intelligent Provisioning when pressing F10 and i get the below 2 errors when i do. I have now disconnected both my Samnsung SSD 750 EVO and my WD 3TB Green HDD, no USB's are connected.

Attempting to Boot from NIC

Non System disk or disk error

REeplace and strike any key.

And

PXE-E61: Media Test Failure , check cable.

I would like to return the server back to factory settings as received, can anyone recomend how to do this? i can access via iLO if needed using virtualk drive.

appreciate any help on this.

4 REPLIES 4
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: HP GEN8 Microserver not booting correctly and will not start Itelligent provisioning How do i re

You can use switch 6 on the system board to reset back to factory defaults. The error message displayed would appear when the system doesn't see a bootable drive. It will next try to PXE boot, but can't as it doesn't see link on the 1st NIC port

You can refer to the servcie guide the the Gen8 MicroServer for location of switch 6

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Trebor200
Occasional Contributor

Re: HP GEN8 Microserver not booting correctly and will not start Itelligent provisioning How do i re

appreciate the reply.

I have tried the service switch, booted and left for 5 minutes, i still have the same issue.

Something else i have tried is to reinstall intelligent provisioning from virtual disk and that boots but it then fails saying bios corrupted.... I am just downloading HP SUM to see if this may fix my issue, any more advice would be much appreciated...

I have since installed Windows server 2012 R2 mannually in AHCI mode, this is booting correctly bott as i have an SSD drive for my OS i need to use USB to boot but i cannot configure this until my BIOS / boot issue is resolved.

Trebor200
Occasional Contributor
Solution

IP 11.6B has now been installed and fuctioning.

jspbil

Hi @Trebor200 , did you manage to solve the problem? What is IP 11.6B ?