6402 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Proliant DL10 Server: error msg: "violation of your agreement"

Cathy G. Odom
Advisor

HP Proliant DL10 Server: error msg: "violation of your agreement"

Hey there,

Have an HP Proliant DL10 Storage Server, running Storage Server 2003 Appliance Edition. Ran updates on it on Friday. Now, it will boot up and go online then off and show this message:

HP StorageWorks NAS Services: The server you are running cannot run StorageWorks NAS software properly. You may be in violation of your license agreement. Please contact HP support immediately if you think this message is displayed in error. The server will Blue Screen in one(1)minute.

3 REPLIES 3
Cathy G. Odom
Advisor

Re: HP Proliant DL10 Server: error msg: "violation of your agreement"

Sorry that's actually a DL100.

Found that you can't run Server 2003 SP1 on it, it will crash and blue screen.
CA1378215

This has just happened to me. Can you tell me if you have a solution to this problem? If you would get back to me asap as I have a server down at the moment.

Many Thanks

Steve
Cathy G. Odom
Advisor

Got your message... ooh, painful.. see if you have the original box that came with the server? There's a "fix" that is in there, I had called their tech support and got instructions and they emailed them to me.... you have to run the patch in safe mode- I also found a tech article after I posted on here and was on hold for an hour... when you call tech support, there's a special way to get in, I think i'ts to say SAN SERVER or something like that. Make sure you ready everything- you'll want to run the zip file, then run an update on the server, like 4.6 or so, but it might wipe out your hard drive and settings, so check w/tech support first. I learned a lot that weekend, I was the only one in town.

Here's the HP tech article:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=PSD_CB0204W
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2006 2:38 PM
To: Odom, Cathy
Subject: Link to software ordering and file to fix blue screen.

http://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNu
mber=366133-006