ProLiant Servers - Netservers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hp proliant ml 370 g3 – big problem help me fast

Highlighted

hp proliant ml 370 g3 – big problem help me fast

i have 2 servers hp proliant ml 370 g3 from less than 10 month and i have problems in the the two servers.
- one of them the problem is the network card works and stops and i'm installing novell os on it and it have the hotel programs and data and i don't know why i changed the swithches and the cabel for the server to see if the problem in anything else or not and at the end i realised that the problem is with the network card.
- the other server i install on it win2003 server and it was working perfect i started working with this server from 2 month ago and it was a good server and from 3 weeks ago on of the harddisks was not working and gave me a red sign on the hard it self then i tryied to reach to the company that i buyed from it the servers i couldn't reach it then i checked from the site at a partener in hp in egypt the i found a company that i know then i called them and they changed the hard for me after they gave me the hard and they said to me hp have changed the old hard for you to new one i looked to the hard i wasn't new hard from the first look i said no problem i just need to work, in the same day i installed the hard in the server and i stared to work i realised that there is tik tak sound appear like before then at the end of the day i said may be when i restart every thing becomes good then the big problem appear i couldn't enter my server os or data and i don't know what to do. please help me to fix my domain controller.

PS: The thread title has been modified to help you get more suggestions - Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: hp proliant ml 370 g3 – big problem help me fast

Can you tell us more about the Win2003 server. What type of disk array do you have configured on it? Is it a mirrored pair RAID1 or a striped set RAID5, or something else? Are you running a Smart Array 6402 or some other controller?

Are there any BIOS error messages at boot-up? Are you sure the original disks were genuine HP? I have found that if a server has been fitted with 3rd party drives, sometimes they will not co-exist with genuine HP drives in the same RAID set.
Highlighted
Regular Advisor

Re: hp proliant ml 370 g3 – big problem help me fast

Sounds like the replacement harddisk (which you say is not new) has failed as well.
A tik tak noise is never good.

If that is the same disk as originally failed and you have a RAID5 or better configuration then replacing it with a new (and verified good) harddisk should rebuild the logical drive.
If it is a different disk than before then you might be facing a complete rebuild once the bad disk/s are replaced.