cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Fedora Core on Proliant 1600

Highlighted

Installing Fedora Core on Proliant 1600

Hi,

i am new in using Compaq Servers. I want to install Fedora on an Proliant 1600 but i cant boot from the cd! So i tried to get into the bios but there is no one :)
so i found the smartstartcd on the compaq homepage. but version 7.2 doesnt support my system. so witch smartstart cd i have to download? or is there an other way to boot from cd?

thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Re: Installing Fedora Core on Proliant 1600

I'm currently doing the same thing... I'm new to Proliants and am in the process of applying Fedora Core 3 to a Proliant 1600.

You are correct. You will need to get into the BIOS via the smartstart CD. You'll need to do a system erase, tell the system you are going to manaully install Linux, configure your 3200 controller, and then finally tell your BIOS to attempt to boot from the CD drive. Whew!

What you need is the SmartStart 5.5 CD. An iso is available for download from the HP website. I don't recall exactly where it is at, but a good start is to go to Support and Troubleshooting for a Proliant 1600 and then go to the download area. I think that is where it is at.

PS: This might save you hours or headache... if you discover your mouse doesn't work in Fedora setup, you need to set the "nousb" boot parameter. I have not yet figured out why that is. If your mouse does work, please post as I'd like to know the difference between your settings and mine.

Thanks,
Andy
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Re: Installing Fedora Core on Proliant 1600