ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753894 Members
7377 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML 350 temperature problems

Dejan Mugosa

ML 350 temperature problems

My server runs normal at temperature 55 to 60. The room is temperature controled to 22,23 degress celsious. I have cleaned the server and all fans are working properly. when i start backup to tape, sistem starts to overheat and it rebotes, cpu temperature is over 80 degres.

Is there any solution to this
3 REPLIES 3
Carlos_61
Valued Contributor

did you change the processor? maybe you need update the system ROM, check the heastink connectors, check the event viewer before and after use the tape.
Dejan Mugosa

Didnt replace the procesor. Heatsink conectors are ok, bios is the newest one, log doesnt show errors, yesterday i was there during backup and was watching what goes on. Procesor is 90 to 100% loaded and temperature rises from 64 to 77 degress celsious. Nothing hapened till 98% of backup then the sistem stoped responding, hanged and i had to restart. Then i tried to load the procesor with defrag and same thing happened. Temperature rises to 80 degress. If i touch the cooling heat sink of procesor, the procesor side is wery hot, but the heatpipe dosnt transfer enough heat to the cooling part od cooler (cooling ribs), it is warm but i thik it should be hot. So i will try to replace cooler and check again.
Jebarson sam

Dejan, This may be the issue. As per my experience, all hardware and firmware are ok. But, If you keep the side cover open the error will come. Please close the side door, the temperature problem will be solved.