ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753876 Members
7328 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

ML 370 G4- problem after power loss

Bosko Milicevic

ML 370 G4- problem after power loss

I have a strange problem on Proliant ML370 G4. After power loss, this server wont boot immidietly on site. I have to wait about 15 minutes (without power cord in server)and than everything is o.k. When server doesn`t boot I notised that signalization is o.k. (no amber leds in front)except there is strange freez in leds on system board. More strange is that I have tried everything on site (reseat components, dimms etc) and nothing helped except to wait without the power to the server. When I submit the server to authorised service, and they do the simulation with power loss, server automaticaly boots normally. Help?
1 REPLY 1
Bosko Milicevic

Re: ML 370 G4- problem after power loss

I forgot to say that server is up to date with firmware, drivers and agents. It has some pci cards inside but same thing hapends with or without them. Server is also connected to UPS (APC 750)which has bad battery`s and no function because of that. On site I have tried without the UPS and same thing hapen`s every time. Very, very strange but It seems to me, like there is some kind of problem with on site ellectricity because in service location everything works fine (2-3 hours of testing).