7017 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML350G4p Secondary Network Adapter

Dorab Khandalavala
Occasional Contributor

ML350G4p Secondary Network Adapter

Hi All,

Can find my documentation and/or disks, so wondering whether you can help me configure/activate the second NIC on this server.

We are running SBS2003 (The first release) and ISA is not engaged.

I had all SBS workstation/clients' internet access blocked somehow with either the network configuration (proxy on server blocked) with one NIC in operation.

However, after uninstalling an old version of Panda NetworkSecure + all the other software, all of my nodes seem to have gained access through the server's proxy on SBS.

Now, I have to find a way of blocking this again, as we are not fully protected with a trial of TrendMicro, for reasons unknown, and anyway, nobody should have access to the internet.

So, I thought of using ISA as the firewall and installing/activating this through SBS. However, ISA requires 2 NIC's.

Obviously, the server did/does require access on the single NIC in operation, in order to download e-mail.

However, when I plug a second LAN cable into the second NIC RJ-45, it lights up, but the server is not detecting a second adapter for some reason.

Is there a way for me to turn this on in the server's BIOS or what?

Any direction would be appreciated!

Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

Re: ML350G4p Secondary Network Adapter

Dorab, are you the same Dorab Khandalavala who was my childhood friend living on Forest Park Boulevard?

If so, please get in touch! My email is hkjeffbradley@yahoo.com

Best regards,

Jeff