ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1748232 Members
3912 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML370 Storage System Temperature Degraded.

projhp
Occasional Advisor

ML370 Storage System Temperature Degraded.

Hello All,
I've been getting these intermitten errors below in my system event viewer. I'll list the frequency for the last 24 hours or so:

1) 08-15-06, 4:12am Sensor 1 of the Internal storage device on SCSI port 2 of the Compaq Smart Array Controller (Integrated) is reporting the internal temperature is nearing the preset limit. The controller may take precautionary measures to prevent data loss should the temperature reach the preset limit.

2) 08-15-06,4:13am Sensor 1 of the Internal storage device on SCSI port 2 of the Compaq Smart Array Controller (Integrated) is reporting the correction of a previously existing temperature condition. All of the temperature sensors are now reporting acceptable temperature levels.

3) 08-15-06, 4:16am Storage System Temperature Degraded. The COMPAQ PROLIANT 4L6I storage system connected to SCSI bus 2 of the controller in slot 0 system has a temperature outside the normal operating range.

4)08-15-06, 4:22am Storage System Temperature OK. The temperature in the COMPAQ PROLIANT 4L6I storage system connected to SCSI bus 2 of the controller in slot 0 has returned to the normal operating range.

I wont get these warnings for several hours then it comes back. I've ran the HP Insight diagnostic tools and the log is reporting that its been Repaired, but still getting the warnings. I've had this server since 2001, there are no indication showing the model of G1,G2, OR G3.
Just plain all ML370.

Any Suggestions or ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Chris Rosan
Valued Contributor

Have you got the latest firmware & PSP on it?

I a similar problem with an ML370G3 and it turned out to be a hardware fault. The machine was only a few weeks old so HP replaced the motherboard.
projhp
Occasional Advisor

Chris, I installed the latest proliant support pack yesterday. I havent done the
rompaq however. Your situation was pretty
extreme having to replace the mother board,
hopefully the rompaq will resolve my issue, or these alerts are false.
Thanks for the response..
If anyone else have experience this in the past I'll be very happy to hear from you.

Thanks