7349 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML530 error 1611 drive Fan failure

doug_155
Occasional Contributor

ML530 error 1611 drive Fan failure

hello

i presently receiveing the following error at boot up on my ml530 g1 error 1611 drive Fan failure press f1 to cont or f10 to config once hitting f1 the server will boot and i am able to log into windows,i have noticed that the fan light on the front of the server i s flashing orange i looked at power supply fans are running and the fans in the back of the server are running has anyone got any ideas on what i should do were to lok what part do i need replacing or software up dates

thanks fo r your help
3 REPLIES 3
CA1076661
Frequent Advisor

Re: ML530 error 1611 drive Fan failure

Hi doug

I think you have redudent fans. you should replace the fan which shows orange light.
Sandhya_1
Super Advisor

Members, Doug has already opened a thread for the same topic. Please post your suggestions in the following link:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=944658

Doug, best practice is to continue the discussion in a single thread. Suggest you to close the current thread to avoid any confusion.

Thanks,
Sandhya
Joseph Poulose

The drive fans are located under the system board. If you look at the back of the cover it should show you how to slide the system board away to reveal the 3 drive fans below it. Usually a clip the back of the case that you push down. The drive fans cool the hard drives.
The 4 fans that you first see when you open the cover are for the I/O and processors.