New Discussion юеВ

Re: Netserver E60

SOLVED
Go to solution
CA1317775
Occasional Advisor

Netserver E60

Hello,

I have a netserver E60 and it doesn't want to reinstall software and i can't find my Windows NT 4.0 cd and server 2003 doesn't work

What to do?

It has a Netraid from HP don't know which type
And 3 Compaq harddisks

Help
Thank you!

Thomas
3 REPLIES 3
CA1036363
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Thomas - I have an E60 as well and I am running Windows Server 2003.

If you are trying to do a clean install you must first update the BIOS to support Windows Server 2003. You might have to update the NetRAID BIOS as well. Check HP's website. Also, download all the available drivers, especially the NetRAID driver. You will need to put this driver on a floppy for installation. After you upgrade the BIOS, you should be able to boot from CD. When it starts be sure to hit the F6 when prompted. Then add the NetRAID driver so it recognized the NetRAID controller and your disk drives. This is assuming that you have already built your arrays using the NetRAID configuration utility.

Hope this helps.
CA1317775
Occasional Advisor

hello,

It says: Operating system not found..

Everytime when i start windows installer it says

Starting win server 2003 setup and then it does nothing..

It is driving me crazy

Thomas

PS: Can you give links for the sofware to download?

Thnak you
CA1036363
Frequent Advisor

Thomas,

It could be that you need to make the BIOS Boot from CD. Go into the setup mode and make sure the BIOS is set to boot from CD first. Another possibilities is that your OS CD is bad.

Here is the link:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=18330&locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=45937&prodTypeId=15351

If you need the BIOS updated select the link that says "Cross operating system (BIOS, Firmware, Diagnostics, etc.)"

Hope this helps.

DR