ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752271 Members
4665 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Netserver LH Plus Hangs after CMOS configuration reset

Netserver LH Plus Hangs after CMOS configuration reset

My old school discard this server and give it to me to play. I was able to put it to work, and was working fine until I dicide to upgrade the memory. In thge process I received configuration error messages so I decide to to use the dip switch to erase the whole configuration from the CMOS and start fresh. Now the systems boot but hangs on the first screen that have the BIOS version info and the CPU type. Usually after that a memory test will run but know it just hangs in there and no memory test show up. I press F2 several time to enter the setup but nothing hsppend. Any sugestions? Thanks For the help.
2 REPLIES 2
Carlos_61
Valued Contributor

Prueba con las memorias originales o unas que sean recomendadas para ese modelo, coloca las opciones m├Г┬нnimas de memoria, quitale los discos/lector de CD/floppy.
normalmente suena el parlante interno por algunos errores y dependiendo de la manera como suena se puede saber cual puede ser el error. Cuando aparezca video carga el Diagnostico de servidores para saber cual es el problema fisico.
check with original memories or another recommended by HP
check with minimal HW options
Check for speaker error beeps
If server start run Server Diagnostics
good luck
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Hi Victor,

You can't access the CMOS using on this model of Netserver. It needs something called an EISA Configuration Utility Disk (ECU). Look inside the server for an ESD sleeve with a diskette inside. If it's not there, you can download a copy from here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=50440&prodNameId=15498&swEnvOID=54&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ns884en

Run the executable and it will write an image to the disk. Boot the server to the disk and when you're in, choose the option to Save and Exit.

Let us know how it goes,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.