5985 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NetServer lp1000r boot agent missing

Mat_17
Occasional Contributor

NetServer lp1000r boot agent missing

Hi

I am trying to get w2k server installed on my lp100r. If I boot from the w2k CD then press F6 and install the netraid 1M driver the installation of W2k server is fine but when the lp100r reboots it says can't find OS. I noticed that it seems to be missing the boot agent and the LSI adaptors in the POST screen. I only noticed this because I have 2 sets of lp100r's and the other server installs and boots fines. I have tried booting from the HP navigator CD but it halts and says something like тАЬASPI manager was expecting 2 adaptorsтАЭ

Any help much appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Re: NetServer lp1000r boot agent missing

Hi Matthew,

First thing, the missing boot agent is nothing to be concerned about. One of the boot devices in the boot order of the CMOS is Network Boot which will attempt a PXE Boot to the network using the Intel Boot Agent. If you don't have a PXE Server to connect to, you'll get this message. The real problem you're having is that it's not finding the boot devices where they should be.

Here are a few things you can try:

1. Press instead of to enter the BIOS setup. Go to the Exit page and choose "Clear System Configuration and Exit Setup". When it starts booting again, go into Setup and load default values by pressing then save and exit. Hopefully, this will reset the boot order so that it tries to boot to the 1M card. You can also check the boot order to make sure that the NetRAID card is listed.

2. Go into the RAID Configuration (NetRAID Express Tools) by pressing M during POST when it gives you the prompt. You need to make sure that the BIOS is Enabled. Usually, on the Management Menu, it will say either Enable BIOS or Disable BIOS. If it says Enable, then do so, otherwise leave it.

3. Make sure that you're array(s) are configured AND initialized. If you have not already done so, choose Initialize from the Management Menu and select the logical drive by pressing the bar. Then press to initialize it. You can then re-install from the CD, using to specify the drivers.

Start with that and let us know how it works out.

Best of luck,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

P.S. If this information is useful, please be sure to assign points rating it's value.
I am King...of my apartment.
Mat_17
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Thanks you very much it's working great now.

Mat
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

If this information was useful to you, please take the time to assign points to the responses rating their value. The only recognition people get for sharing their knowledge here is the points they get.
Thank you.
I am King...of my apartment.
Mat_17
Occasional Contributor

Hi there

Yes I thought I did assign points (10) it was a very helpful answer. I will try again.

Thanks, Mat