1752812 Members
5798 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NetWare 6.5 OES and HP Proliant ML350

Allison Wait
Occasional Contributor

NetWare 6.5 OES and HP Proliant ML350

I am trying to install NetWare 6.5 OES on an HP Proliant ML350. I run the HP configuration routine and then it restarts with the NetWare CD in, this starts to load and then hangs with a NetWare splash screen - Any ideas please?
4 REPLIES 4
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

ML350 Generation ?
BIOS settings for OS ?
Had you tried Smart Start CD ?
6.5 or 6.5 with Server from novell ?
Allison Wait
Occasional Contributor

I have tried the Smart Start CD - it creates the DOS partition, prompts for the NetWare CD and reboots. NetWare tries to start installing but then hangs with the NetWare splash screen. I am using the NetWare 6.5 OES SP3 CD that I downloaded as part of my licence. The server is an ML350 G5. I haven't changed any BIOS settings so they would be at the defaults. I have also tried just booting to DOS and running the install program but it still hangs... Help!!

I have the same problem in a Proliant ML110 G4, the difference is that the server do not hangs, because the NUM and CAPS LOCK work, and you can restart it using CTRL-ALT-DEL.

I installed a 4.2 SBS Netware just 3 weeks ago in a ML110 G3 and it was all right, but, I can not do the same in two new ML110 G4, even trying 4.2, 5.0 or 6.5
Allison Wait
Occasional Contributor

Eventually I installed NetWare using the Standard version 6.5 sp5 not the OES version and it works brilliantly!