1753393 Members
7167 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Power Utilization

Marsha Cipollone

Power Utilization

Hi,

I need a tool to monitor power utilization on each of my servers and produce reports. Is there an agent I can use to do that through SIM and if so, how do I use it?

Thank you!
3 REPLIES 3
Louis Henninger
Frequent Advisor

To my knowledge, HP SIM won't give you that detail. HP has some monitoring tools for their C-class Blades that would give you that detail, for the Blades in the new enclosures. The only thing that comes close is HP's Power calculator.
You must enter all options from each server, type, memory, disks, options. This will only give you power and cooling maximums.

HP SIM could report CPU utilizations, disk useage, etc. when thresholds are set and crossed. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Louis
Kazuto Okayasu
Advisor

You'd most likely need to be collecting that data at the power distribution level. AFAIK none of the ProLiant models actually collect this data. Most UPSs and better PDUs will do this for all devices connected to it, but I can't think of one offhand that monitors it per outlet, though I'm sure there's something out there for that without resorting to individual current meters plugged into each outlet.
Louis Henninger
Frequent Advisor

This may not help with your existing servers, but HP has a new product for most G5 servers, and C-class Blades:
Please see the below link:

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/ilo/power-regulator.html