ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753818 Members
8714 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Problem accessing shares on ProLiant DL160 G5

Brown, Nic

Problem accessing shares on ProLiant DL160 G5

So I just purchased this HP ProLiant DL160 G5 2TB SATA Stor Server. I created a share called "HOME" and copied my users over and remapped the drives. The problem we are having, users can access these shares for an undetermined amount of time (sometimes 30 minutes, sometimes several hours) and then the access to the share becomes so slow and finally not responding.

After a quick reboot of the server, it is fine again for a little while. It just keeps going through this cycle.

We were running Kaspersky Anti-Virus for File Servers and I had uninstalled just to make sure it wasn't the culprit. Unfortunately that didn't fix the problem.

Other than AV software, nothing else is running on the server outside of what comes on it. I have installed all MS patches.

Anyone have an idea? I called HP support only to have them tell me that since the LED was green it isn't a hardware problem.

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Prem Selvam Arumugam
Trusted Contributor

Re: Problem accessing shares on ProLiant DL160 G5

Hope NO hardware problem

Suspect some malware eating up most of the band width

Is the entire server responding slow are just only the network part

Also check any loop in the local switch to which the server is connected

what about doing icmp echo and check the round trip time

Blindly check in your switch port LED what happens to when the server is not responding

There is another great chance of trojan sticking with in the server, use hijack / autoruns to check the start up apps