ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753865 Members
7459 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problems getting Adaptec 6i Raid controller to see scsi disks

Andrew Tranquada

Problems getting Adaptec 6i Raid controller to see scsi disks

I have a DL380 with an embedded 6i smart array controller. My problem is that is it not seeing the 2 scsi drives in the machine. The SCSI select utility can see both disks, and a verify shows no problems. When the machine boots, it gives the POST error 1785. I have tried using the startsmart cd, however when I go to the array manager I cannot do anything, it just tells me that there is no "bootable media". I have tried changing the boot order for the scsi channel, I have reset the NVRAM, I am at a loss. I have to be missing something very, very simple.
2 REPLIES 2
Chris Rosan
Valued Contributor

You need to make sure the raid controller is the primary boot device, not the scsi controller. They should be different devices.

It could also be dead drives (check the lights on the front of the drives), dead array controller, dead cable, the drives could be getting the same scsi inturrupt (but not usually on a setup such as this one).

I'd probably start by replacing the scsi cable. You can also run the diagnostics disk (from memory it's on the smartstard cd), and the firmware CD.
Andrew Tranquada

Thank you for your response, i forgot to post that I have solved the issue. I changed scsi cards and it fixed the problem.